**Due to COVID-19, no face to face exchanges will take place. UCSC is currently analyzing if face to face studies and activities will be available in the 2nd semester of the 2021 academic year. We will publish information as soon as it is available.**
If you are a current university student and interested in coming to UCSC for an exchange or an internship, you should complete the following steps:
- Contact your Exchange/Study Abroad Office and inquire about their internal requirements and application process.
- Your exchange/study abroad coordinator must nominate you as an exchange candidate at UCSC. (S)He must send an e-mail to email@example.com, providing the following information for each nominated student:
- Full name
- E-mail address
- Program of study at home university.
- Program(s) of study or activity of interest at UCSC.
- Semester(s) or dates of exchange at UCSC.
- Nominations are received as follows:
- First semester (March to July): From September 15th to October 15th of the previous year.
- Second semester (August to December): March 1st to 31st of the same year.
- The Academic Exchange unit will contact all nominated candidates in order to provide them access to and instructions for our on-line application form.
- Applications are received as follows:
- First semester (March to July): From October 16th to November 15th of the previous year.
- Second semester (August to December): From April 1st to 30th of the same year.
- If you are accepted by UCSC you will receive an acceptance letter. Later, the Academic Exchange Unit will send the International Student Guide and the Housing Guide.
- Before traveling to Chile, you must send us your travel information and a copy of your health insurance.